Quote:

Quote:

i played it and i have to say i am not impressed!

the good fps has a reason: look at the outdated graphics...
the level design is not detailed at all, more like the old UT than like any recent shooter game...

Yes, that is true. The textures in their demos are very low resolution. But nevertheless you will not achieve the same in A6 no matter how small the textures are. You will get FPS values below 10 when you use the auto-material function to add shaders to level geometry. Then add a water shader and bloom and see how good you can play it with 1-2 fps

When this is old-school like old UT. What is A6 then?

But hopefully these problems will be solved with the next update. That is our all reason to stay here.

oh, dont get me wrong, it was not my intention to discredit the cubeII engine in favor of A6, i think A6 is pretty cra*** (especially since the 6.50.2 update is out), but cubeII also does not seem to be a real alternative compared to other up to date engines (torque,vision,lawmaker). if cubeII can do more than shown in sauerbraten, the developers are pretty stupid to release engine demos which dont show the full potential of the engine...

Quote:

I think it would give way better results in 3dgs when you'd use a model only level, compared to Sphere + 3dgs, I'd say these sauerbraten screenshots aren't that impressive at all.
Frank_G yes, shaders on block geometry is a fps killer, but that doesn't prevent us from taking the 'model only approach', right? We don't need Sphere to get shaders on wall models and the like either. I think that fps will be a tad lower indeed in 3dgs,

Cheers

I am with you on that, bsp levels are not usable with A6