Here are my steps:

01: Unpack 'Update_Sphere_2_Full.zip'
02: Create new directory on drive C named 'Sphere'
03: Copy content of 'Update_Sphere_2_Full' to C:\Sphere
04: Copy the 'sphere.dll' to 'acknex_plugins' directory
05: Open 'demo_inside.wmp' in WED
06: Build the 'demo_inside.wmp' in WED
07: Save 'demo_inside.wmp' in WED
08: Run the 'demo_inside.wmp' from WED (all is fine)
09: Publish the 'demo_inside.wmp' from WED
10: Copy 'sphere.dll' into 'sphere_demo.cd' directory
11: Run 'sphere_demo.exe' from C:\Sphere\sphere_demo.cd
12: First error see: Error1

Error1

Tried to solve problem: copy 'images' folder from C:\Sphere into published C:\Sphere\sphere_demo.cd directory.

Now Error1 is gone, but when I run the published exe it will crash and the debugger trow a JiT with the message: Unhandled exception at 0x057f8d3b in sphere_demo.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

Running the game from command prompt with -wnd prevents the computer from further problems. Because then I can cancel to debug the exception, which I could not do when I run the published .exe in full screen as it would then be impossible to use keys like described on Error1 image.

edit:

So at this point I can run the published game without the missing .dds error if I copy the 'images' directory from the C:\Sphere directory into the published direcory 'C:\Sphere\sphere_demo.cd', However it will still crash and trow the JiT after a few seconds and there is no content (just black if in full screen or the little white screen if in -wnd mode) on screen, Sphere seems to be still bussy processing something.

Hmm this is strange, when I remove the 'sphere.dll' from the published folder the published demo runs and the options screen is displayed with the nice Sphere2 image. I can select indoor and outdoor, the levels load, but they are almost empty -> just few objects like stones, trees, creature are visible and blue-greyish background can be seen. Also no more exception from the debugger nor from gamestudio engine about any missing files. This doesn't look good, maybe a little funny though. What could be wrong here!?

Dusty

smile