I've already mentioned CamStudio - it doesn't allow for me to use uncompressed video and there are so few choices of codecs available. I've now implemented and tested my video recording method. Yep, as I expected, 900 MB for 1000 frames at 640x480 resolution.... I forgot about the "replace" feature. Despite having 1000 instances of file_for_screen due to the bug in 6.31, it's working very well. If I want to add another 1000 frames, I just copy/paste it into Wordpad, use the replace feature to bulk replace frame numbers, then copy and paste the code back in SED. The only problem is the file_for_screen instruction itself - it must always add a number at the end, which causes Virtual Dub to only load one frame. To fix this, I have to bulk rename all those files to get rid of the extra number at the end. From there, Virtual Dub reads all 1000 frames into a single video file and I can play it. It then just needs fine-tuning (maybe some audio - recorded by Audacity) then apply a compression codec applied when done. At 20 fps, my target, I can get about a minute's worth of video for 1000 frames.

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials