Thanks for the quick response - however i wish this was the case.

No matter what I save it as, this happens.

No matter what I have on it, even if I just place a simple cube, save it as ‘trouble’ and run it, this happens.

More history that might be relevant:
Last week, when my 5 kids logged in for the first time, the ‘Video Out’ pref. was set to gxlbas32.dll – however we soon figured out that we couldn’t display 3d objects w/ textures in the ‘3d view’. So we changed it to gxlbase.dll.

Now my new kids log in w/ their new username and account and it doesn’t work due to the error – could it be something about previous settings and multiple accounts that has anything to do with it?

Thanks for your help – what other info could I provide?

Edit:
we're 90% sure that it's something to do with the gamestudio always trying to access the old information, even when it's someone new logged in. reasons for this conclusion:
when a 2nd week user goes to save his game for the first time, it tries to save it in the first week users folder. which he doesn't have access to. we think that somewhere in doing this it corrupts the file, because even if we log back into the 1st week campers folder, we still get the 'error 1242'.

is this possible?
and if so, why doesn't uninstalling and reinstalling fix it?

Last edited by wrgaskam; 08/07/06 19:56.