Quote:

When these molecules come together, they organize heat. Heat doesn't like to be organized.

Hmm. I know what heat is and what organizing is, but admit that I have no idea what you mean with "molecules organize heat". Do you mean entropy? If you've got this from some website, would you post the link? I can then look it up to learn at least what they mean.

Quote:

Ultraviolet rays are the result of the inefficiency of the work being done in stars. If stars were 100% 'efficient' they would produce no light, heat, or what have you. So its still part of thermodynamics.

Consider my eyebrows accordingly raised. Stars do hydrogen fusion. This is a very efficient process - in fact the most efficient possible in that temperature/pressure range. And what has efficiency to do with UV rays? Maybe you misunderstood something? Can you also post the link to the source of that information?

Quote:

So water was just H2 for a while? Also, I thought part of the theory was that water was created by valcanoes, by combining oxygen and hydrogen before spewing steam into the air.
I'm talking about the oxygen in the H20 molecule. Or the O, if you will.

Ah, I see. You were just confusing atoms with molecules. The "Oxygen in water" that is dangerous for molecules is not the O atom in H2O. It is the O2 (oxygen) molecule dissolved in H2O (water).

O2 is the oxygen gas in today's atmosphere and in the ocean. It can easily break up into two O atoms. This is the reason why oxygen tends to attack molecules by binding its O atoms at them. This is a potential exothermic process: it can indeed "release energy" unlike your previously mentioned breaking up molecules by UV rays.

H2O however is not giving up it's O atom unless you apply external energy, like an electric field. Thus, water has normally no negative effect on molecules. It can not prevent the forming of proteins. This is just the reason why water is so important for life and why we're consisting mainly of water.

Quote:

You don't see what thermodynamics has to do with life? So then the first form of life didn't have to worry about being destroyed by the disorganization of heat? Why are they trying to find out how clay could have kept the original molecules from breaking down, then?

No, I just wanted you to finally post your long-announced lesson why thermodynamics prevented the beginning of life. BTW I am not insisting on thermodynamics - you may post any new reasons why you think life could not have begun.

But I fear that when we're now continue arguing about UV rays, processes in stars, atoms and molecules etc. it's not much fun anymore. You lack knowledge in that area, which is ok, but trying to defend your statements is beginning to get a little ridiculous. Let's better go back to life and biology.