I've never seen so many errors in such a small post myself either.

Maybe I used the wrong diction, but technically I wasn't wrong.

Quote:

First, your molecules don't "release heat/energy" by breaking down.

When these molecules come together, they organize heat. Heat doesn't like to be organized. But as long as I've used the word Heat, let me explain I'm not talking about temperature. Thermodynamics says heat flows from a hot place to a cold place. All action, light, etc in our universe is part of this heat flow. That's why scientists talk about a dark, motionless universe, sometime in our future. Light has a more specific scientific cause, but its produced in accordance with thermodynamics.

Quote:

Thermodynamics is, from an engineer’s point of view, the ultimate science. It explains the operation of the entire natural universe. That is what makes the study of thermodynamics so interesting, exciting, and relevant

Quote:

Second, energy is not the same as heat. In fact most of thermodynamics deals with the difference between energy and heat.

Heat is a form of energy, like kinetic energy, potential energy, and chemical energy, etc etc.

Again, I'm not talking about temperature. Temperature does rise the more you heat something, but temperature is very different.

Quote:

You can melt more ice with 1,000 gallons of 90 degree (F) water than 1 teaspoon of 200 degree (F) water. That is because there is more heat in 1,000 gallons of 90 degree water than there is in 1 teaspoon of 200 degree water. Just because the teaspoon is hotter, it doesn’t mean that it contains more heat than all those gallons of cooler water.

Quote:

Third, ultraviolet rays are not "created because of thermodynamics",

Bad choice of words. Ultraviolet rays are the result of the inefficiency of the work being done in stars. If stars were 100% 'efficient' they would produce no light, heat, or what have you. So its still part of thermodynamics.

Quote:

Fifth, "oxygen in water" is produced by plants and algae. And at the time of abiogenesis obviously there weren't any plants and algae and thus no oxygen in the atmosphere or in water.

So water was just H2 for a while? Also, I thought part of the theory was that water was created by valcanoes, by combining oxygen and hydrogen before spewing steam into the air.

I'm talking about the oxygen in the H20 molecule. Or the O, if you will.

Quote:

And sixth, as you are now permanently mentioning thermodynamics, I think it's time for your announced thermodynamics argument or lesson. Because I fail to see at the moment what thermodynamics has to do with our discussion at all.

You don't see what thermodynamics has to do with life? So then the first form of life didn't have to worry about being destroyed by the disorganization of heat? Why are they trying to find out how clay could have kept the original molecules from breaking down, then?

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 06/12/06 18:48.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."