Quote:

ou misunderstood something. If a scientist measures a property X (f.i. the distance of a star), he gives as result X +/-Y. Y is the error in his measurement, and has to be carefully derived.

Thus, science does not tell that the age of the univese is 13.7 billion years. It's 13.7 (+/-0.2) billion years. 20 years ago, it was like 10 (+/-5) billion years. And in 5 years, after evaluation of the Plack probe date, it will be more precise, like 13.72 (+/-0.03) billion years.

Yeah, I think you're getting earth and universe ages mixed up with real values like the speed of light, or pi. Because those only change by a small amount to become more accurate. The earth has gone from several hundred million years to 4.6 billion years. Its not accuracy correction when it doubles in value every twenty years (until today). Could you imagine if the speed of light did that?

You may be looking at only the most recent measurements of the universe by the way. It too takes leaps and bounds. Its not just shaving off the excess error, its proving that the old values were error altogether. Yet they're touted as truth.

I understand that they'll modify the age when they find new 'evidence'. But real life values don't change that much. We take a measurement, and then refine it, we don't throw out the original measurement and make a whole new one. That just proves that we didn't know it to begin with, and to me proves that we never really can know for sure (despite claims).

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."