I will admit that I can't say much about the big bang. I'm probably not going to click that link anytime soon to learn, just yet.

My main problem with the big bang, is that if scientists can be so wrong about what we can observe day in and day out (biology/evolution) how are they possibly going to understand the entire universe from out of our little corner? I'm sure there are a lot of interesting reasons to believe the big bang.

I just think there are also a lot of different ways to read the universe. The most simple one being red shift.

Many skeptics of the big bang say that red shift has more to do with distance. Of course, then this begs the question of why things can be blue shifted. But then I don't wholly agree with how they decide the amount of red shift in the first place. I don't know. Frankly, cosmology changes so often that its hard to even criticise.

edit: Also God isn't the God of thermodynamics, he's the God who created thermodynamics. Which, coincidentally, predicts that life will never start on its own. If you want a lesson in thermodynamics, just ask.

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 06/05/06 18:29.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."