Quote:

Finding for example a city mentioned in the bible is one thing, however more than once it has turned out to be very different than described in the bible. Both in size, local importance and development.

You would think things change, considering we're looking at ruins, whereas the writer was probably talking about a city in its existence, we're looking at something that has had time to change, etc. Cities weren't around only for the instance they were written about in the bible.

Quote:

Most archaeology rather disproves the bible as being historical, but that's something most biblical archaeologists don't like to admit

I can't argue this, I simply don't have any knowledge whatsoever of archaeology. I will assume that biblical archaeologists would have an equally convincing argument. I don't know. I'll have to look it up I suppose.

Quote:

Generally I have the impression that while at the beginning of this thread you attempted to give "scientific arguments" for your creationist faith, you're now attacking science in general. Or am I wrong here?

No I'm not. I just don't think that the evidence is as conclusive as you'd like me to believe. In fact, its pretty easy to see. Random news clippings about them being wrong about the distance of objects by 100s of millions of lightyears, etc. The age of the earth doubling every 20 years, the age of the universe growing and shrinking, and yet being absolutely certain about the age each and every time.

Quote:

Such as?

I'll let you argue with these three guys, because there's no point in me being unable to state nearly as well what these guys say. I admit I haven't read all of it, but from what I've seen they aren't convinced whatsoever, and even compare big bang believers to young earth creationists.

Quote:

Indeed. Thus there's obviously something wrong with your information about the "current Big Bang model", wouldn't you agree?

Well, then scientists are misleading the press. It wasn't directly stated that stars were in existence at about the same time as the universe, but the oldest known celestial body is about as old as the universe, which leaves no room for stellar evolution.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."