Quote:

Furthermore, if all scientists were theists, we would probably admit that the more we look at the universe, the more it looks like there's a creator.

Yes, this would fit your view nicely I guess, but if it's so obvious and possible to derive from the scientific research that a creator would be likely, then why don't the scientist believe in God? Unlike you think, science isn't about finding proof to disprove your belief.

Infact if scientists would find proof that makes the existance of a God likely, then I probably would believe it. (Don't worry, the evidence should be very solid off course. )

No offense, but I think your argument about 'if all scientists were theists' is in plain error. Yes, they start with a different point of view, however the lack of evidence in favor of a God as they would discover would make it hard for them to hold on to that belief. Infact the lack of evidence for any of the biblical socalled historical events will make them doubt the bible and probably even simply declare it as definately not historical, although filosophical interesting, since archaeological evidence proves it's not historical.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software