Quote:

One of the reasons for these threads is attempting to widen creationist's minds a little.

Because the inability to think of anything except what's right before my eyes is quite limiting to me.

Quote:

If an answer to one of those questions doesn't make sense, then what? You just seem to accept it anyway, because it's part of what you believe.

Because it does make sense. I have yet to run into a contradiction of God that has baffled me.

Quote:

Like I said before, how could we know such a motivation of a God in the first place, isn't that just plain speculation?

Ok, then, maybe we're wrong. That doesn't prove He doesn't exist. Or maybe, like gravity, we can scratch the surface of something without completely understanding it. Regardless of current theories on gravity, just from a layman's point of view, I know that I am attracted down to the ground. I may not know what gravity is, but I understand a certain aspect of it.

I may not understand God, but based on the fact that He created us, and that He lived directly with us (obviously manifesting himself in some way...though its unclear how) might suggest that he wanted us to live in fellowship with him. It doesn't mean that I understand God's entirety, but I do understand his purpose for his creation. Man, that almost gave my brain a cramp.

Quote:

That's like saying, you can't see, notice or feel him or any of his actions, but he is is there alright.

Would it really prove His existence to you if you did? How do you know you're not just crazy. There's literally no proof God can give you that you can't justify out of your mind. But I can guarantee you this, if you honestly repent and ask him to reveal himself...you will gain a personal relationship with him. Things will change. He won't reveal himself to your flesh, that would be pointless. He'll reveal himself where its important, your spirit. But anyway. That's just my two sense on that, I'm sure you don't believe in spirit and all of that nonsense.

Its obvious that debating God's existence is pointless. You've put blinders on your eyes, and they aren't coming off.

So let's just critique what you believe for a moment. I'll play the devil's advocate and assume that God doesn't exist for the time being. But now I have some rather strange points to bring up, because we have some problems here.

I'll seperate each one of my curious inquiries into numbers so that we can talk together on specific points. Now, be open minded about this. I'm not trying to lead your thoughts anywhere, for now. I'm just assuming that God doesn't exist and I want you to answer some of my questions that I'm curious about.

1). Knowing God had nothing to do with it, can we all agree that time had a beginning? That there was a point in which no time existed?

2). Again, knowing that there was no 'supernatural' force behind it all, can we all agree that space had a beginning? Again, that there was a point in which no space existed?

3). Concerning 1 and 2, if there was no space, and there was no time, then can we furthermore agree that before the universe existed, there was a general nothingness? A nothingness that is timeless (because time doesn't exist), spaceless (nowhere for matter or time to exist), and matterless (because where or when are you going to put stuff?).

4). Taking this to its logical conclusion, can we then agree that space, time, and matter had to generally come into existence at about the same time, or in conjunction with one another?

I just want to make sure we're on the same page.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."