Quote:

If its spontaneous, then why can we slap absolutes like half-life onto radioactive atoms? Surely, if it just happened randomly then the value wouldn't always be constant.

Half-life is a statistical value derived from the probability of an atomic decay. The probability is a defined value, but an individual decay happens random and causeless. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioactivity

Quote:

I take it, from reading your links, that you say matter can be spontaneously created by black holes with virtual particles?

No, spontaneous matter creation has nothing to do with "black holes". It happens even without the presence of matter and fields and is called "vacuum energy" or "vacuum polarization". The creation of virtual particles at the event horizon of black holes however is caused by the gravity gradient and produces the Hawking Radiation.

Quote:

Here's the problem I've noticed that materialists have. By your very nature, you're so convinced that all there is, is the universe, that you can't even imagine anything beyond it.

Here's the problem that I see creationists have: All your posts in these threads are full of phrases like "is unimaginable", "can never happen", "is impossible" etc - targeted at scientific theories of nature. I think I pointed out that many of your "unimaginable" is not only imaginable, but even observed - like spontaneous matter creation.

A limit of imagination creates gods, demons or supernatural forces for filling the gaps.

However even then you should not let your thinking stop there. If I believed that a god created the universe, earth, animals etc, I'd ask a lot of questions about why and how he existed at all and why and how he tampered with nature. I would not be satisfied with phrases like "God has no cause" and "his reasons are unfathomable".

By the way, what's your permanent problem with materialism? I'm not a materialist. If you don't know the difference between materialism and atheism, just look it up in Wikipedia.

Quote:

[Adding time to a God who created time] is proof of limited thinking and narrow mindedness if you ask me. I just wouldn't have been so harsh about it.

All our minds are limited and narrow in a way. Some less, some more. One of the reasons for these threads is attempting to widen creationist's minds a little.