Quote:

Everything has a cause, and a beginning, regardless of your dogma. If you cant see that everything has to have come from somewhere then I cant help you, your brain wiring works differently than mine. In order to believe that phenomena can exist without a cause, you have to close your mind in so many ways. I find that thinking too limited and narrow minded.

Ok, so where does your God come from? What caused it to be allpowerfull? Assuming it has always been around is proof of limited thinking and narrow mindedness if you ask me.
But I do partly agree with you, it's hard to grasp the fact that something might not have a cause at all, however it's questionable if this fact is in your religion's advantage or not...

Quote:

Matter and energy couldnt have created itself. You need an original cause which is outside time,space and matter to create time space and matter.

Time doesn't require a creation, it would be there even if there's no universe with events or no space at all, it just would be useless, space doesn't need a creation either, can there be something like anti-space or no-space? (an object blocking a certain amount of space, still indicates the existence of space in that particular area.) If there ís anti-space, then it's irrelevant, since we can only move through space, not anti-space. As for matter, if there's time and space and things can spontaniously come into existence simply because they can (no cause or no visible or provable cause), then I still don't see a reason for any God to be involved in the process. It's not obvious at all unlike you've stated. How did God create matter? Did he clap his hands and voíla, there you go the universe was born? A theory involving a God has the same problem, creating matter from nothing, assuming there was nothing before there was something.

Quote:

Anyway, whether or not these things really happen for no reason at all, still doesn't disprove my point. They happen, because something caused the universe to exist in which they can happen for no reason. This isn't a direct relationship, but its still a requisite.

Far from a direct relationship off course, besides, stating something exist simply because it can, is no cause on itself, only an observation. It doesn't prove and might not be possible to prove wether or not the existence of the universe and those things that happen without a cause are infact related. Let alone the fact wether or not any of those things were created in the first place.

Cheers

Last edited by PHeMoX; 06/01/06 23:45.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software