Irish_Farmer said:
Quote:

Ok, unless you believe that the big bang was the beginning to the universe. Which is the impression I get from many of the big bang believers. If the universe had a beginning then its finite. If it didn't have a beginning, then matter is eternal (making it supernatural) and you've managed to stealthily sidestep the question of 'Why'? Namely, why should the universe exist when in fact there is no reason for it to exist (excluding God). I would love to see proof that the universe is infinite. We can hardly even predict tomorrow's weather, but we'll know 'beyond the shadow of a doubt' what the universe was like back into infinity. I'm looking forward to the proof myself.

LOL.

jcl said:
Quote:

As you've stated earlier, creationists believe that nature's laws, although created by God, are still not good enough to produce life.

Its not that I don't believe God could have set laws in motion to create and direct evolution(theistic evolution), its just that common descent cannot explain the present diversity. Im open to the idea of evolution, it doesn't make me an infidel to believe that we evolved, its just that the idea of all the present species resulting from chance mutation is ridiculous to me. I think that people who believe macro-evolution have a habit of making enormous oversimplifications. There is so much we don't know in science, its ridiculous to make assumptions about common descent based upon morphological similarities.