Quote:

I don't know what's this "human purpose" is about, please ignore it.
What I know is that the quote does explain quite well in short words what this self-referential system is about. Hope, that you can understand it, even if you didn't know much about that before.

Ya I couldnt quite understand the "human purpose" theme that the author was trying to develop, however the chaos theory is a very interesting subject matter for me. This kind of reminds me of some other theories like game theory in that they both seem to have strong scientific and mathematical support yet they are used to help understand complex systems which govern extremely complex systems. I think I understand where you were going with this also. The actual self-referential aspect of fractals is also very interesting to me, and I have ordered a book on the subject. CHAOS If you notice that this book only costs $1 (used) and some change and it is highly praised as an introduction to chaos theory. Perhaps if you order it and read it as well we can have some common ground in the explanation of the unbelievable complexity of the systems we observe.
In the meantime I think it would be interesting to make some fractals, and I have found that so far the math is understandable for making at least a mandelbrot set. Unfortunately I dont have anymore time tonight to post anything else so I'll have to write more tomorro.