Quote:

Irish_Farmer has been explaining this as the result of downward evolution. I think that's the only answer that won't get you into theological hot water.

Okey, I remember, but why didn't God put a hold to that downward evolution too then, or why did it happen at all? I guess Irish_Farmer will answer that it was because of Adam and Eve's little sin. To me it seems that if this is true, God won't forgive very easily at all, infact isn't it just plain devilish to not forgive Adam and Eve this one mistake, but instead curse them with whatever evil there is now? (death, 'downward evolution', etc.) Again, this still makes little to no sense to me. It's like killing a 3-year old child because it dropped some of his food, which is an inevitable event off course. Besides, what did I (we) do wrong, I (we) never ate that apple.
According to what the bible says, I guess God did make us imperfect, and that's why Adam and Eve couldn't resist the temptation. Perfect beings would have obeyed. Well if God wanted us to have a free will and be imperfect, then he shouldn't be so surprised things went a bit different. Well so much for the claims that God díd create perfect life to start with.

Quote:

Science can not exclude the possibility of gods in general. Since science is concerned with natural events only, if there was anything super or subnatural it would be outside of the realm of science. However, specific gods can be excluded.

I guess you are right, but I meant that there might be a point at which a theological explanation get's impossible to hold on to, without denying a certain amount of scientific evidence that indicates that several things are not adding up within for example the creation theory. It can not exclude maybe, but it could make it very highly unlikely or close to impossible.

Quote:

Most apologists seem to favor the idea of a cosmic personality test. If god was to provide clear guidance then this limits a person's choice for/against religion. (Apparently that was not a problem with people back in the good old days that had their live miracles).

Right, another contradicting explanation.

Quote:

but our beliefs have always been based on the infallible word of God.

'Word of' God and especially 'infallible word of God' implies hearing words from God himself, not reading them in a book written by a lot of different humans. Humans make errors at least, let alone they could easily abuse the power of such a text and change it's content.
Also, I wonder if God has some sort of signature added to 'his' texts to let us know it's authentic? He has not, but I think I know why. Personally I think there's a difference between having free will, and letting us know what's reality. Letting us know that a God exist still wouldn't necessarily mean that we all would suddenly start to pray, eventhough it might be stupid not to, but that doesn't exclude the option we have.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software