@jcl
Quote:

There is a lot in nature that science does not yet know, or does not yet understand. On my website I've listed the 10 greatest mysteries of science; but in fact there are much more than 10. I suppose that there's still a total of more than 200 unanswered basic questions and unsolved mysteries today in all areas of science.

And if you made it possible for English speaking people to actually read your website perhaps people could see these things with our own eyes. I would like to be able to read your site.(Just for enjoyment, not to debate)

@My new creationist ally(Irish_Farmer)
Quote:

Anyway, I'd list off creation scientists, but I doubt that even if I did name past and present creation scientists who make real scientific contributions, and do peer-reviewed work would really change your mind.

;

a group
some more nice guys

And stuff for you to do between band practice:
Creation Wiki

Note that evolutionists ARENT allowed to help with the wiki, so jcl and Phemox must not make any attempts. Those contributing to Creation Wiki must accept creationism a priori.

@Phemox
Explain this one buddy. Is this the darwin fish?Umm no just more proof of great catastrophic flood type events: This poor fish didnt even get a chance to finish lunch before he suddenly died.

Quote:

most creationists are amazingly stubborn and take every chance of changing the facts a bit to fit their view or at least their interpretation of things is different because of their original view,

My mind is open as much as I can open it. I admit my bias, and i will try not to let my bias effect my intellectual judgement.

Quote:

Admitting or believing that creation has not happened the way the bible said, would mean the bible can't be used anymore as a solid 'evidence' or simply as the basis of their religion anymore. It would be flawed too much. Needless to say that I already strongly doubt the truth-value of a more literal interpretation of the texts. (Also remember, what's in the bible now, is a selection of texts, so it can't be original at all, let alone the influence of all the translations and reproductions. Just think about the different meanings certain Hebrew words supposedly can have and what kind of impact that can have on the meaning of the text. Especially when interpretating them literally.)

The bible actually has amazing synergy considering its authorship by scores of authors, scattered in different locations at different time periods. Especially interesting are the prophecies in which the crucifiction and crucifiction related events were accurately predicted hundreds and even thousands of years before the event actually happened.

Quote:

Admitting or believing that creation has not happened the way the bible said, would mean the bible can't be used anymore as a solid 'evidence' or simply as the basis of their religion anymore.

Who admitted such a thing, certainly not me? Im not sure what you mean here. If anybody admitted to such a thing I will send them a very nasty email

Quote:

Also remember, what's in the bible now, is a selection of texts, so it can't be original at all, let alone the influence of all the translations and reproductions. Just think about the different meanings certain Hebrew words supposedly can have and what kind of impact that can have on the meaning of the text. Especially when interpretating them literally.

As a amatuer student of the original Greek and Hebrew texts I would love to show you the meanings of certain Hebrew words and the effects they have on interpreting biblical meaning, especially as they relate to the original creation events.However, since you already speak three languages fluently (that I know of) dont you think Hebrew and Greek might unnessesarily complicate your life?

Quote:

-Being critical and sceptical about established scientific views is very good, but when it interferes with your view, rather than with the facts, then holding on to your own view is pretty much a strange thing to do, when you ask me. That's something I've noticed, eventhough like I've explained above I think to know why this happens.

Im open to the possibility of evolution, I just need to understand it on the molecular level. I am the type that needs to know things from the inside out. For example, anybody who could tell me spoecifically how histones evolved would have my rapt attention. Since I know that modern science doesnt know much about histones at all, let alone how they evolved, I tend to doubt I'll ever know the truth. Before I give up my strong belief in God however I need to be very very convinced of the evidence that proves evolution. I have a hard time believing that science will ever know enough about HOW evolution works to tell me therefore it is very doubtful that I will ever release my opinions about God. However I am still reading, every day, opinions from both sides. Much better than people who just believe everything in high school and then forget, dont you think?

Quote:

As always, think of this what you like, that's your right off course. I would be interested to know 'the more exact details about the creation theory', I might be asking for the impossible, but I want to hear more than just 'God created it, and God works in mysterious ways' I guess

I understand, Ill try to come up with something you havent heard before, something a little more scientific.

How about the ID(Intelligent Design) stance:

Quote:

if an object is complex, has a purpose and has no plausible physical cause, it implies design.

Some issues around America

Last edited by NITRO777; 05/08/06 01:37.