Quote:

There is evidence indicating other reasons why certain cultures have been destroyed, certainly not all by a flood. Infact, as far as I know there is no culture that has been destroyed by a flood, mostly it would only mean a decrease of a population and maybe a technological change, if they were hit that bad at all.

Right but he wanted to know a Christian explanation so I gave him one. But there are certain evidences which would appear to corroborate floods. Fossils of mass graveyards being one:

Fossils of animals caught in mid-digestion of in other positions indicating a swift death.

Quote:

This would mean there should be no human fossils dating older than 4000BC? Then how do you explain humanoids fossils that are older than that? Gap or not, it sounds pretty odd and vague if Adam and Eve were to be the first humans. I'm not going to claim dating methods are perfect and that all those million+ years dates are correct, but our current dating methods are definately reliable past or just past 4000BC. Well we've found a lot of bones and fossils which are older than 4000BC...

As I stated before, there could have been previous human-like species created before Adam and Eve? Study of the bones would indicate that were more primitive.