Quote:

Selfreferential systems produce patterns just because they are in some ways closed. Especially, when they get energy from outside, like the earth is getting from the sun. The earth is closed as far as the most of its elements don't escape to outer space.

This is an interesting thought, I dont think I have heard this one before. How do you suppose the sugars and phosphates assemebled together with the correct bases? Even within the earth's atmosphere, how did they assemble to form DNA? Randomly? Then please explain to me how you can find any pattern at all in a series of random events. It should be easily testable and therefore observable.

Pappenheimer,Pappenheimer,Pappenheimer
: Random chance can never create patterns irredgardless of its occurence in open or closed systems It is thouroughly testable, and has never been observed, the only patterns you can create from random events are probablilities for them to occur.

Of course Rosalind Franklin suceeded in crystalizing DNA in the 1950's. From these crystals she was able to bounce x-rays off onto a photographic film. Later on Watson and Crick were given the nobel prize for determining the shape and structure of DNA.

Crick went on to speculate on panspermia because he knew the probability of dna sequences being randomly assembled were impossible.

Only if you live on one of jcl's parallel universes can life be thus generated.