Quote:

That is indeed the case. You can have entire regions become active/inactive by switching its marker (junk DNA) or you can have small pieces become inactive if they don't make sense in their context (as is done during the translation process). I referenced the former as evidence for common descent because we share a lot of inactive regions with other mammals.

These regions are simply what we don't completely understand. Its fruitless to say we'll never find a purpose for non-coding DNA.

Quote:

However, I grant you that the monkey-typewriter example is too simplistic. It's best used as an example of random chance vs. random chance plus optimal selection

Yeah, in that sense its ok. I realized after typing the response, that it was a rather useless response because I really wasn't arguing the same thing, per se. Back to work on my game.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."