Quote:

Quote:

Did we ever find things that grow till infinity?

So I guess what you mean is that if cellular reproduction limit has been met, then cells would no longer replicate? Arent cells in a constant state of replication?

No, I didn't really mean that, it's more that the lack of such a limit, would mean cells could grow till infinity. Normally cells grow till there reproduction limit is met and afterwards they just die off. Cells are not in constant state of growth, although I see where you are comming from. When a cell is in a constant state of replication, then as far as I know you would have cancer. Off course there is a small difference between growth and replacement (new reproduction of cells and older cells that die), but I'm sure that aging without a limit would cause very large and extraordinary bone or tissue growth, of which in theory we could find the first in the fossil record. I'm not aware of anything that has been found with such a anomaly. Yet, nature is not perfect in it's process of reproduction yet, just think of the Syndrom of Down and the whole list with similar things, which also influence growth. In other words, even if we did find bones with an anomaly, then it still could be something like that. Furthermore, if there would be no limit, then we would find as much examples as we find fossils from those times, so I'd say it's pretty much logical to assume there was a similar cell reproduction limit, although maybe different.
Also a little theoretical thing, if an animal would have no cell reproduction limit, could it be so lucky to be still alive at this time? Remember that seacreatures possibly could simply survive floods, if there were any...

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software