Quote:

As I pointed out, this explanation is obviously wrong because that design flaw is shared by most species and precedes the first human by more than a billion years. So it can't possibly be caused by God's displeasure in humans. So you have still to come up with a non-moral explanation for aging if you want to save creationism as a serious theory (apart from all the other problems with it).

Its an interesting question. Do you have any references that would outline aging in pre-adamic(4000 bc) species?

I also question your statement about predating humans for a billion years, the cambrian strata alone is barely 1/2 billion years old. Many of the species which hypothetically existed over a billion years ago would be barely eukaryotes.So I think it would be very difficult to find evidence of aging in the fossil record of these little creatures which existed a billion years ago.

The alleged timeline of evolution from procaryote to eukaryote was from around 4000 mya(4 billion) to 1500 mya(1.5 billion).

Regardless, the explanation is that there were multiple(2 or more) dispensations of creation. I.E. pre-adamic species. The bible does not rule out the possibility of previous civilizations, it only makes it clear that within THIS dispensation, man is the only creation created in His image. It also doesnt rule out other civilizations on other planets or universes. The Holy Book, the bible, was written to a specific audience, mankind.

edit:deleted last part of this post for the larger, better thought process in the next post

Last edited by NITRO777; 04/24/06 14:20.