Quote:

This is hardly a convincing argument. At first, we want to keep this discussion on a scientific level, which excludes using bible quotes as arguments.

In that case, the question itself is unscientific and you shouldn't even bother asking it. You should just assume that that's the way things are now, and not consider it a reflection of our creator.

How do I scientifically prove that the earth at one point was perfect? All I have is an inspired account of the way things used to be. You don't happen to believe it like I do, but then again is there anything you believe in that is based on a really old 'record' that you have to interpret through your (or others') modern bias and beliefs?

Quote:

According to this concept it is reprehensible to let someone else suffer for what some Adam did

If God was suspending natural death, or had kept away the natural 'programming' for death, and then took away that protection like he said he would, then it still goes back to Adam. Essentially, the creation was cursed. That means that since Adam was now allowed to die (before he had any children) then his children would inherit the ability to grow old and die. Then, since we now have the ability to understand the difference between right and wrong, things like murder come into the fold, stuff like that.

Quote:

(of course you could say that God does not care about human concepts like justice and fairness - but this would mean that we are morally superior and not made in his image).

If Adam and Eve chose death for themselves and their descendants, this is a reflection of the consequences of our morally wrong choices (sin). I can't argue against what you're saying, because you're pointing out an inconsistancy with something that isn't even being said.

Quote:

If God wanted to see animals suffer also for Adam's sin, for what reason was sea cucumber spared?

Its not, it can be killed just like any other animal. That it can't age really doesn't matter. It isn't spared from death, just like the rest of creation after we brought down the curse by disobeying God. The way death comes about isn't important, its the fact that all creatures can die. Problem solved?

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."