you analogy with ariplanes and creationism fails because of one mistake: all airplanes are ment to do the same in the same environment.
To be scientifical correct you would have to compare "all" transport methods ever created (or if you like just the ones that can fly).

as far as i know the construction plans and the main idea between a plane and a baloon is quite different. though both where "created". Not to mention all transports ever created. Starting with wagons, trains, cars, rockets, planes, zeppelins and so much more.

Furthermore i am sure the planes built in 200 years wont have much in common if the ones we know today.

also i am not sure if helicopters can be that easy compared with planes.

they all though share one thing: Every single one was designed by a scientist

another question regarding vestigal organs:
Why should the fetus of a whale make teeth in its mother's womb only to reabsorb them later and live a life sifting krill on a whalebone filter?

Another one about whales and them having a pelvis and leg bones (they are not a few inches, some can grow several feet long btw):
There was an argument that humans can be born with a 6th finger. No reason to doubt this.
Fact though is that the blueprint for a figer is allready in our genetic code. Its "just" one finger more.
Whales growing legs or snakes with legs thus have one bottom line: the genetic code for legs has to be implemented into them.

Evolution explains that very well. Creationism still failed to explain why god should add the blueprint of a leg into a whale.

Last edited by Blattsalat; 04/20/06 06:34.