Ok. I can't respond right away because I have some chores to take care of. But I can see that we're not even on the same page right now. Ignoring Matt's post for the moment, I don't think we're talking about the same thing regarding mutations.

Anyway, I'll be back. Some quick thingers on the appendix like I promised.

As it turns out, it may not be all that important in adults, but it is necessary for human life, especially early on. Specifically, it gives the body early warning of what kinds of bacteria are and aren't allowed in the body, and without it our digestive system would not work nearly as well as it should. In other words, our body would attack bacteria that are actually helpful for us. I'm not completely educated on exactly how useful those bacteria are for us, but wouldn't this make living extremely uncomfortable, and or impossible? I don't have time to research the exact role of these bacteria. But anyway, on short notice this is the best link I could find.

http://www.sciam.com/askexpert_question.cfm?articleID=0002A56A-62A5-1C72-9EB7809EC588F2D7

Now if you want to continue to argue against your own side, you may. But since prediction is so important for a theory, this lends credibility to the Intelligent Designer theory since that theory predicts that all vestigial organs will be learned to have a purpose (is it a coincidence that we keep finding out vestigial organs are extremely useful? possibly, although maybe we keep finding purposes for them because scientists are cranks and they're crazy and they are conspiracy theorists who need to be silenced with war or by big government).

In that case, since evolution predicts that vestigial organs do exist, we can take one notch out of that belt.

I will be back, as I've promised. I'll have a response to those snakes, and anything else that's been mentioned. Although, Matt, since you actually decided to contribute to the debate I may respond. Or not, since it won't do any good.

Until then...

edit:

Oh yeah, that link you provided also gives credibility to the idea that the fossil record is a big jumble of circular reasoning. More on that later.

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 04/19/06 22:44.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."