@Irish: Besides your objections against the origin of life - which I think are illogical, see my previous post - your other argument was that good mutations seem impossible to you.

As far as I understand - please correct me if I'm wrong - you accept that a species can change by modifying or loosing information of their DNA - which you call 'devolution'. However you do not accept the possibility of adding new information to the DNA that gives a species, for instance, a new organ - that would be a 'good mutation'.

But denying this possibility is just an opinion - obviously biologists have a contrary opinion. So let's do a quick calculation about who's right, you or the biologists:

Let N1 be the number of nucleotides be affected by a 'devolution' that you admit, for instance loosing eyes, as in the cave fish example, or a change of color to adapt to a different environment. We know enough devolution examples to conclude that this happens very quick - within a few generations. So let the time span for an N1 devolution be t(N1) = 100 years.

Now let N2 be the number of nucleotides be affected by a 'good mutation', for instance making a cell of the skin light sensitive, so that the animal can feel the difference between light and darkness. You deny that this can happen because you think the probablity is too low. So let's just calculate the time span t(N2) for a good mutation.

A good mutation is certainly much less likely than 'devolution' because N2 > N1. If N2 were 2*N1, you'd have 1 good mutation in every 4 mutations. So the probability for a good mutation is 2^-(N2/N1).

If we assume that for making a cell light sensitive, you need to affect 10 times more nucleotids than for changing its color - I think this is an acceptable approximation - you get the probability:

p(N2) = 2^-10 = 1/1024 when p(N1) = 1,

and consequently, one good mutation will happen in the time span

t(N2) = t(N1) / p(N2) = 100 years * 1024 = ~100,000 years.

However this is just the time range of evolution that would very well explain all the different species on earth that evolved in 2 billion years.

Of course this is just a very raw approximation omitting many factors, but you see that even at a first glance evolution is quite possible. And when something is possible, it usually happens.