Heya Ran Man, I somehow have 2 stars, you can have one of mine

@William, remember that a population needs a stable food source to sustain a population. Early peoples were nomadic partly because they went were the food was seasonally. Consider also that life was difficult, often dangerous and uncertain for those early nomads. Their lives were short.

There is even genetic evidence that mankind was reduced in population to a mere 2000 or so, although the time period escapes my recolection. I'm sure someone can google it up. The cause of the near extinction was suspected to be related to vulcanic activity, possibly in the great rift that appeared across Russia that occurred around the same time period.

Also the creationists are not taking into account that biblical civilations did not view time in the same way we do now. A day was considered to be sun up to sun down for instance.

As for early writing, it has only recently been discovered that the earliest examples were found in Egypt and predate the Babylonian text by a couple hundred years. In my opinion there are other examples that might represent even earlier primitive attempts at languages expressed in symbols and artwork that are not considered but should be.

What I do not understand is how modern knowledge or evolution and issues about time differences could disprove the existence of a God or Goddess or threaten religion. Why would a supreme being hide fossils in the ground to test our faith? That is just plain silly.

There are things found in science that are truely awe inspiring and have caused many a scientist to ponder the existence of a God. To see the vast wonder upon wonder that these discoveries bring to us... Should this not make your faith even more secure?

EDIT-> Never take a phone call when you are writing a post

Ran Man, the Earth's tilt changes every time we get an impact from space or have a huge earthquake. Our magnetic poles even move around from time to time and are not always as they were.

Last edited by GhostwriterDoF; 04/03/06 20:10.

The rivers of time erode away the mountains of existence...