Quote:

What about Mars? When was that created? Science tells us that the planets probably formed around the sun at around the same time.

What time would that be?

There are two (possibly more) explanations for why the stars are so far away, while we can still see them. Number one, the Bible MAY hint at the existence of the universe (without earth or life) before the creation (the kind that matters to us) was started. However, I haven't researched the text thoroughly so I don't want to speak on that too much.

There's also the theory that gravitational bending of light (and therefore time) has changed our relative motion of time. At first, I thought that theory was just a cop out, but it has some evidence to back it up. Right now we assume there is an even distribution of galaxies and matter throughout the universe, but if that weren't true, its possible that at such distances the warping of time would be so great that we would be able to witness things over trillions of lightyears or more. The only problem is that we'll probably never know for sure if stars prove or disprove a young earth until we start colonizing space. As it stands, it does shed some light on the possibility of an old earth. I don't know, and the fact of the matter is that scientists don't know for sure either.

That said, that's one example of a possible old earth where there are many examples of a possible young earth, right here on earth.

Anyway, my post is done, checked, and double checked (though its so long that there are probably some errors anyway). I will post it within just a moment, but first I have to determine if it needs to be split. Furthermore, I want to add one more disclaimer. Science can still exist without materialist evolution, so there is no contradiction. Materialist evolution is simply the end result of a presumed-to-be-true perspective on life. Materialist evolution is also unobservable, and unprovable. If something has absolutely no proof, then we can say that for now its not even a reasonable conclusion. Maybe in the future we'll find some evidence.

Also, its kind of hard for science to change their theories when they've already decided beyond the shadow of a doubt that they're correct. Which many scientists have done. Although furthermore, scientists are quick to admit that evolution is not fact, the problem that creationists have is that its taught as fact, and now people on these forums are spouting it as the ONLY possibility, which it scientifically is not.

Anyway, the paper will follow.