Thanks for the non-bible arguments. But forgive my smiling at some of them - whowever wrote that book has probably missed a lot in school:

Earth rotation: yes, its slowing down - at the rate of 2.2 seconds every 100,000 years...

Magnetic field: as far as I've learned in school, it has changed very often in the past billions of years. The history of the magnetic field is well known and can be easily read from the orientation of magnetic minerals.

Oil and gas pressure: even though I'm no oil expert, it seems obvious to me that with equal pressure on all sides, as is the case down below, an oil or gas bubble can't expand at all - until you drill a hole to a lower-pressure region, like the surface.

Tree rings: I don't understand what you intend to prove here.

History: Modern man does not exist since millions of years, only since 200,000 years. His evolutionary predecessors, like homo habilis, lived 2 million years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

And as to the ancient writings that were fully developed - well, how would you write something with "half-developed" writing?

-------------

Besides from all the facts: Do you really believe that the earth is only a few thousand years old, but the other planets, the sun or the other stars are not? Or do you also believe the same for the age of the sun and the universe?