?
I was just explaining why people are against evolutionary theory, not why you should or shouldnt believe in an afterlife. The point is, that certain poeple are unimaginative, and have difficulty dealing with uncertainty.

They are literal-minded. The Catholic Church for instance, has long since embraced scientific evolution, because they are able to realize that bible cant be taken literally. if you take EVERYTHING in the bible literally, you run into all sorts of problems. First of all, it has many contradiction inherent in the text.

I'm sick of going on and on about this .. In all seriousness, I think most of the problems we face with creationists are about ignorance, and poor critical thinking. This is probably due to lack of education, unimaginative parents and childhood peers/teachers, and a general anti-intellectualism in the United States in particular.

I suppose there is no point in arguing about this on an internet forum, where half the poeple are lunatics. I just cant help myself, because it reflects a wider problem in America. There is a sort of retrograde madness afflicting many poeple here. They have a serious agenda, which is attempting to eliminate good science from education, to restrict people's individual rights (such as the right to have an abortion), to destroy the barrier of seperation of church and state, and so on.

Perhaps there is no more point in trying to reason with them, or educate them. It may be that there will need to be laws put in place that will finally end some this. Perhaps certain actions will have to be taken in the future, such as deprogramming, closing churches, shutting down TV evangelists, freezing accounts for large "mega-ministries", revoking broadcast licenses for religious TV stations, radio, etc.

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.