Quote:

Tri Synergy

I had a game published by TriSynergy, they got it produced and shipped all around the US to many retail stores. They didnt do a lot marketing though. I think it eventually sold out the intial run, which wasnt huge. My company never saw a penny. We made more money selling the game ourselves online.

I'm not saying they are dishonest..just that you are better off selling your game online yourself than using them or someone like them.. getting into retail without big advertising money backing you is a like throwing your game out the window. Most of the other compnaies wont even look at your stuff, or if they do they won't sign off. My advice to most poeple here, sell your games your self. The idea that "all you need is a great demo and then the publishers will all sign on" is a pipedream, plain and simple.

One thing you find with some of these poeple in publishing, is they are very nice to you.. they say, yesh we like your game..then when it comes to putting down the cash they disappear. Our company president spent all day on the phone with publishers and marketer for months.. and got all sorts of run arounds.. man what a roller coaster.

Do yourself a favor, if you have a product you believe in, dont give up on it, but try marketing it yourself, dont expect to get rich, and dont worry about big name companies.

Last edited by Matt_Aufderheide; 09/30/05 14:29.