Thanks for sharing, will review and try it! I just found the command d3d_texlimit and was about to do a cartwheel after reading the description, but when I actually implemented it, the game crashes every time for certain models on several different machines.

I have used VMmap, so I clocked 1.984Gb RAM on my Desktop machine, and about 1.8Gb something on my laptop. My Desktop DOES NOT CRASH or throw any texture memory errors (it runs perfectly), but my laptop always has the issue. I cleaned up my code so I am seeing about 1.7Gb but my laptop still says NOPE and craps itself! Now I use built in checks for vid_memory and nexus, and I am only using 78/600Mb nexus, and about 250Mb of video memory. Its like these are not logging properly or related to the bug. At game launch it says it found 750Mb of video memory.

Now I did some testing, the same texture file that kept crashing on my laptop didn't crash when I didn't load the world models (walls, floors, tables, etc) with the culprit model, and it only crashes when I look at the item in the game. There may be things I can potentially do to work around this (but not coming to me right now).

All in all Windows OS only really supports up to 2GB of RAM per software instance unless you do some crazy stuff.

BTW Superku, your game on Steam looks awesome. The specialFX and detail is amazing! 7 years too. I am a little worried about posting my game on steam even though I paid the fee and working on the page layout. I wanted to finish this last detail before going live, but worried this issue may severely delay my project now. I have been dragging playing other games now, thinking, researching, and performing little tests here and there. I don't want to be bummed because I have been able to get around and even abuse the bugs from A8 to my advantage lol, but this one is scary. This is my first 1 million+ lines of code project, so I plan on grinding until its done! Thank you for your input and experience too! It has been very helpful to me over the years.

Last edited by Garrettwademan; 11/16/18 00:02.

Current Project: Computer Repair Simulator
https://www.computer-repair-simulator.com