Hi.

Invested into new gun meshes even if i liked the ingram and shotgun i used before.
But i wanted to have some special with good normalmaps (taken from highpoly model) etc.
Besides the db-shotgun there will be stuff like chainsaws, rocketlaunchers and some other nice stuff. I planed that Player can mod/upgrade some of the weapons.

First new is the double shotgun in doom2 style. Like the old shotgun it can be loaded after each shot to reload more fast in Zombie battle. Still playing around with light settings for new guns. Position seams ok so far.

Ragdoll is done for now.

Now working on behaviour of Zombies like Standing around, attacking etc. Worked on some Details of the pathfinding. Zombies can walk and run now. This way a lot more action came into gameplay.

Next ill make some more Zombies. The workflow allows me adding of Animations, even to the existing models which is very usefull if you dont know what animations to add from Startup.

A lot to do...

edit:
Worked on the texture. Now the shotgun has a rusty look. And made the texture a bit brighter. The golden parts more dark. Pos on screen modified a bit.

edit:
Shotgun scripting done. Player can fire two times or two bullets at once. In the early dev Videos you can see that the bullets / impacts spread. One shot are 5 bullets/Impacts. Both bullets fired are 10. To make it feel even more mighty a hit (no matter where) can also take of random limbs (plus normal dismemberment function) like explosions or floor impacts.
Found some whiles with wait(1)'s in my old source i used from start of project (helpers like bullet, muzzle, blood, scrblood). Rewrote those parts on the fly. Complete script runs with 2 while loops now ( Player and gun ). I only used while Loops there cause with Event_frame it seamed impossible to have gun/muzzle at correct Player pos (if he moved fast)...like u can see in Doom VFR on PS4VR played with AIM controller...a visual Horror the gun movement/pos.
Maybe it was caused by some other problem back then, but for me the two "small" whiles are ok so far.

Seams that shadeC renders particles through other models, like ZNEAR set. This is sad and i dont know a workaround for it.
For now i can only hide it as good as possible, but i cant prevent it yet. frown
edit2: Just found the reason for this. It was cause the gun had ZNEAR set, i used it before i included shadec.
If ZNEAR is used particles and stuff are rendered like ZNEAR.
One prob gone, another comes, now trying to prevent gun from
clipping through Close walls...but i have an idea for that already.
edit3: And done. Nice. Made the weapon very small (via script) and corrected pos vectors. Now gun looks like before but wont go through close walls. Particles working, no ZNEAR used at all.
edit4: Now i have to correct the on screen weapon movement script. Player moving a bit over-motivated now (cause of the smaller gun) grin ...what a chainreaction here grin

edit:
Working on another weapon...chainsaw!
-pics lost (see new in Posts above)-

Its already Smoking wink
edit: 90% done...its very funny to use the chainsaw on Zombies i have to say grin

edit:
First new HUD Version made. Still WIP of course.
Please note that it looks a bit bright / colorfull. In the screenshot the alpha-value was on 100 for testing. With less alpha it looks a lot darker.

Chainsaw
When selected a panel animation is shown. Player must press right mouse button to "pull on" the saw engine. After refilling (reloading) the same of course. If chainsaw runs empty, engine stops.

Greets

Last edited by rayp; 11/23/18 00:00.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;