Rewriting all from scratch, like always.
Only making game mechanics like movement, guns ragdoll and stuff.
I stoped on this project cause of some framerate drops...now some month later i think i can script some things a lot faster. Still this is gonna be a Quake2 with Zombies. Freaky and funny style.

WIP but almost done: Ragdoll, gun / impacts, Player, pathfinding ( based on SuperKus V2 ), blood etc...

I invested 5 days now into the physic-force part. Iam really happy about the results. Here u can see some seconds of in game Action:
https://youtu.be/YhwE9k2RAl8
( 60fps in game not like in the video ive taken )

The nice Explosion optic was made by 3run.
Ragdoll rewritten, based on Hellghasts/3runs script (but new not public Version). It has no more whiles and supports floor Impacts and gun/explo Forces now. With one line iam able to let them fly like hell in any wished directions now. It was a tricky fight for me to go through all this vector stuff and so on.

Now iam working on a machine that fires Zombies in the air. Player must shoot them while flying. Started yesterday night...first time i was bug free.
WIP beta:

https://youtu.be/RrH3Vbgzzhs

Now i will do some fun part...another gun or something...cause that vector physic shit f* my head all nights of this week, then working all day...now it must be some leight funny scripting for the friday grin

Project running with limited 60fps and around 0.4-5 ms/s ( with much ragdolls and stuff ).

Greets

edit:
For Performance iam using different models now. Collision uses a box model. Then i applyed a visual model. The coll ent holds the ragdoll and visual model in a struct. This way my c_traces are working via c_ignore while still having registered physics with for example passable ents for ragdoll (ent_decal and stuff also working).
This all together combined with not a single while Loop makes the ai/physic stuff pretty fast. On the other Hand its really a brainf* to communicate between the models. Its pretty logic but deep in the night its sometimes hard. Cause what u see is not what you trace for example.
After ragdoll was activated the collision model becomes the ragdoll model. This way theres only two ents always (coll+visual). Stuff like ent_decal traces visualmodel while physics only care about coll model.

Last edited by rayp; 10/12/18 21:57.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;