JCL,

I have a problem with obtaining a contractPrice() in Trade Mode for a correctly selected Contract - when I load a chain from a dataset, rather then when using a contractUpdate().
(actually, occasionally also when i DO use contractUpdate()).

The difference between cases when it works and when it doesn't comes down to this.

Quote:
BrokerAsset ??? - FOP-20181109-1.16-C-GLOBEX: : 0.0000 0.004145 ms
BrokerAsset EUR-FOP-20181109-1.16-C-GLOBEX: : 0.0118 6983.145685 ms
i.e. the underlying "string" is not recognized ("EUR" is dropped from the symbol string).

I of course do call asset ("EUR") before contractUpdate() and contractPrice().

I got this reply from support:
Quote:
the part "EUR" of the contract symbol is stored by contractUpdate(). asset() is for selecting an asset, not for storing a contract symbol. Since the "EUR" is sometimes missing in your symbol, we suspect that the first argument to the previous contractUpdate call was wrong. For testing that, please print the first argument of contractUpdate() to the log. If it turns out that "EUR" was correctly set but is still missing in the symbol, then we have to look elsewhere.

To which I have 2 questions:

1) Which variable in an Asset struct - or anywhere else - that holds this value - and so could be set?

- I thought this should be taken by Zorro from the very first part of the SYMBOL string.

2) Is it possible at all to NOT call contractUpdate() in a script?

Answer from support suggests it is not possible, but you earlier wrote that it is indeed possible to load a chain from a file.

I think it should be made possible.