With my broker IB, when I trade option spreads, if entered, all legs entered, if not, none. If place orders for each leg respectively, you might end up naked call or put because some legs might not get filled, which is risky, you definitely won't do that. It's not identical with combo order. That's the deal breaker.

Are there any diffs with ALLY on this front? I guess that's why you developed the combo feature in your plugin, right?

Regarding the programmer thing, the point is, it just likes you buy a car, you expect the car comes with a brake, when the auto maker tells you that it doesn't, you have to roll your sleeve up to install one by yourself, what would you do? Either you're a mechanic, you buy it for a good deal, or you simply walk away to buy another car.You get choices BEFORE you decide.

Thank you

Originally Posted By: AndrewAMD

A combo order is nothing more than a series of orders placed simultaneously. There may or may not be cost savings with a combo, and this depends on which broker you are using. You can make a virtually identical system with or without combos.

You would need lots of volume for the difference to be non-negligible. Why would this of all things be a deal-breaker?