Originally Posted By: jcl
Z8 and Z9 load prices from free online sources, so AFAIK they need no IB subscription at all. But if you want to load prices from IB, you can find out which subscription you need by opening that asset in the TWS. If it's not subscribed, you'll get a link to the subscription page.

Thank you for the info. Indeed when I click Trade button straight away it seems that the prices are downloaded but at the end I get Error 055 anyway:

Code:
Download XLP.US.. 3376 bars read
!Requested market data is not subscribed.Error&BEST/STK/Top&BEST/STK/Top XLP-STK--0--SMART--USD
Download XLU.US.. 3376 bars read
!Requested market data is not subscribed.Error&BEST/STK/Top&BEST/STK/Top XLU-STK--0--SMART--USD
Download XLV.US.. 3376 bars read
!Requested market data is not subscribed.Error&BEST/STK/Top&BEST/STK/Top XLV-STK--0--SMART--USD
Error 055: No bars generated
Logout.. ok

When I open the .t6 history file in ZHistoryEditor, the data's there, with daily resolution, going back to 2005 or so. I tried deleting all the history files and downloading them again but nothing changed. I also tried to comment out all the assets in AssetsZ8 except one but I'm still getting the same error. I've read the manual but still the Error 055 is confusing for me in this context.