Originally Posted By: Ezzett
What happens if you add a check for null before using pointer remove?
You can also debug your code with the help of the Visual Studio debugger. You just need to convert the code to an engine SDK project. But I don't know how helpful this will be because you can't inspect what happens internally in Acknex and it's not possible to use wait-instructions. So you need to rewrite all functions that use wait.

Quite frankly, I can't imagine why the pointer should be NULLed during the execution of the script - unless Quad is right and wait commands allow for random/unwanted modification of pointer contents. Anyway, I will give it a try later.

Concerning the Visual Studio hint: I'm sure it's well-intentioned, but I would like to refrain from that - the project has grown really large at this point and there are quite a lot of wait loops in it. Rewriting all of this would really exceed my time budget. And as you said: You can't inspect what happens internally, anyway.

Originally Posted By: Quad
wait and local pointers are bad news, try tracking those and Ezzett says do a null check if you can't figure it out try storing them on a temporary global variable.

Quad, do you have any examples that show how wait commands can break/overwrite contents of a local pointer...? Never heard of that before, and it would be really critical, since we're using them all over the place.