Originally Posted By: DriftWood
That is a terrible statement. It's understandable that the nature of technology means that nothing can be fully protected. However shall I tell you not to publish your game to Steam or the Apple store or the Play store because it can be cracked and dumped on the torrent network? Don't release it at all because it be cracked. Don't release your bands album, or anything. Don't publicly show or share anything you've created because if you don't want people to violate the law, your rights and every morels code, and take it or use it unauthorized. If you don't want your creative work stolen, don't share it in the first place.

You have to make it as easy and convenient as possible for others to enjoy your work. Illegal movie and music downloads are a lot less common these days because it is way easier to pay 10$ a month for unlimited streaming than to spend time to search and download a copy somewhere online. And most games implemented online verification to check that the player has an authorized copy of the game instead of using complicated code wheels or installing these terrible rootkits.

Originally Posted By: DriftWood
I was seeking to make accessing the video insanely difficult. Very hard. As troublesome as possible

In my opinion a content creator these days should made it as easy as possible to access and share the content. You want people to know and talk about your work as often as possible. And if more people know about your work it becomes harder for others to steal it and reuse it for their creations. People will call them out because they know the content was originally made by you.