I would advice to look into the shade examples.
Also please take a look into here ( many questions and problems have been answered.
Maybe u post your shadeC related stuff next time in this thread (if you want), this way all shadeC info is combined in one topic ):
http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=460457#Post460457

Take a look in the common.h file. There ull find the implementation of fx files. You can of course create you own fx files. It depends on the fx file ure using which Skin is which map ( diff, normal, spec etc ).

example include of a normal specular material ( put the following into main.c for example ):
Code:
MATERIAL* mtl_mynormspec ={
	effect = "myownmat.fx"; // your fx file
	flags  = ENABLE_RENDER;
	event  = sc_materials_event;	
	power  = 20; // Play with this value
}

myownmat.fx file ( can do a lot of things in here normal, spec, glow etc ):
Code:
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//----- USER INPUT -------------------------------------------------------------
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//assign skins
#define SKIN_ALBEDO (skin1.xyz) //diffusemap
#define SKIN_NORMAL (skin3.xyz) //normalmap
#define SKIN_GLOSS (skin2.xyz) //glossmap

#define NORMALMAPPING //do normalmapping?
#define GLOSSMAP
//#define GLOSSSTRENGTH 1

#define NO_SKIN4

// ! END OF USER INPUT !

#include <scHeaderObject>
// <-
// insert custom code here
// ->
#include <scObject>

In this example the diffuse map is skin1, specular map is skin2 and normalmapping ist skin3. Change XYZ to w to use the alphachannel of your texture.

Finally add this to your Level object in WED:
Code:
action Anything_WED(){
   my.material = mtl_mynormspec;
}

Last edited by rayp; 05/03/18 14:00.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;