Yea, Brax, the forexpeacarmy is great - I just found and instantly bookmarked it yesterday.
User Main also recommended FXCM, but I am a bit puzzled, because in the reviews there Oanda as well as FXCM turn out to get many bad reviews - Oanda even being worse.
I did read carefully the fpa reviews to make sure that I did not miss anything, but however I twisted the search, they are not really top ones as you say. Display 50 results as a list and you will see for yourself.
Oanda, by the reviews, seems not to be taken seriously, and FXCM is a case of its own: They recently were sued and accused for wrongdoings so they seem not to be ethical, but there seems to be a cheating element within their firm.
One reviewer put it like this:
"it almost seems as if some [FXCM] clients have no problem, while others experience a nightmare. so, since they are still in business, my suspicion is this: their IT team must have a randomizer (or should i call it a 'selector') running on the servers, hitting only some accounts and leaving other accounts untouched. that way, you keep 50% of the herd happy and can plausibly deny any wrong doing by attributing poor trading skills to the rest of the 50% losers"

So I am surprised that you two seem to be happy traders with them.
For setting up a demo account it doesn't matter, but I also am practicing in seeing clearly what is a good and bad trader.

Another aspect are the weired affilliate brokers, through which Zorro offers 3-12 months of free Zorro S usage:
* Oanda seems not to be taken serious,
* the moneypouch is probably their own robot site which only starts with a minimuim of 10,000 - a joke, because if I had that money I would longtime have bought a S-lifetime version.
* Now the by far best reviews go for their third Broker Global prime in the forexpeacearmy, but the joke is that their link goes to some really cryptic site whose SUBdomain only is globalprime, and which does not state anything, plus when I go to their main domain, nothing is displayed. This looks like a typical phishing or scam site, would I not know better that it is a serious link provided by Zorro.

Long story short: I might setup a demo account with FXCM, but would never trade real money with them and I would be happier to first find a real good one - like the real globalprime.com.au which comes up as the first 5 star rated broker when sorting by most reviews: http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews?c%5B0%5D=1&per-page=50&sort=-review_count&view-mode=list
(I have to ask Zorro if they also give 3 months of S for people who have signed up over their official site, or at least why they have such a strange affiliation site: https://globalprime.finly.com/?promocode=ZORRO