Hey everyone. I have been using A7 for a very long time because my project was over 100k lines of code. It works very well, but today I bought A8 PRO and ran my project (C-SCRIPT), and everything worked (awesome), but none of my models are showing up.

Does anyone know if there was a change to ent_create, or something with the texture settings I need to set? I tried a blank gray MDL model without textures but it didn't render. I also added an "exit;" in my function to make sure the code was getting to the right place.

Any suggestions?

Code:
function fncAdjustTerrain(){
	//This function controls all of the terrain zones in the world, these settings are used by all zones
	my.scale_x = 250;		//Set the correct scaling using the global variable at the top of script
	my.scale_y = 250;
	my.scale_z = 250;
	my.push = 100;							//Push is more than player so player cannot move through it
	my.polygon = on;						//Make this object unique with collision so player can navigate it correctly
	my.passable = off;					//This is not a passable terrain
	my.untouchable = on;

//my.skin = 1;
	my.skill41 = 2000;						//Set correct texture map scaling for SAND
	my.skill42 = 2500;						//ROCK 125
	my.skill43 = 750; 					//GRASS		

my.skill41 = float(my.skill41);
	my.skill42 = float(my.skill42);
	my.skill43 = float(my.skill43);
	my.skill44 = float(my.ambient/1);	
	my.material = mtl_terrainmulti3;
}

function fncCriticalLoadDefaultWorld(){
	terrainGrassDefault = ent_createlocal("meshes/terrain/grass_130x130.hmp",vector(0,0,-250), fncAdjustTerrain);	
}

It appears collision is working
When using default A8 MDL / HMP file, it isn't visible
ent_create seems to be working as exit; in sub function kills program
location is right, I made model above camera.z
Tried tweaking graphics settings
Tried the pre_load model options

Would be so cool to get this new engine working for my project. Any help would be great.

Last edited by Garrettwademan; 02/23/18 17:28.

Current Project: Computer Repair Simulator
https://www.computer-repair-simulator.com