Godot was primarily a 2D game engine with a bit of 3D up until this latest release. Now it is both. So, the 2D roots are still very apparent. However, some of what you are talking about is a part of Godot 3. Godot 3 has an advanced material/shader language and a visual editor will be included with v3.1 (so, it's in the works). Godot also has a visual scripting language like Unreal's Blueprints, which is also extendable. And more.

Some of the things you want in the editor, like mesh reduction, I would not use or want, but would do it myself in the 3D application of my choice.

In any case, Godot might not be for you. That's cool. I just thought that people here might be interested. After all, you get a lot with engines like Unreal and Unity, but with Godot you get the engine as open source (improve and extend it all you like, if you like) and get a lot of advanced features ... all for free no matter how much you make. Not only that, if you've seen how this engine has grown, then it would seem that it's only going to get better. And, lastly (for me), it has a pretty small footprint. Godot is like 45 MB. And when I run it, I don't have to have some account somewhere, it doesn't have to check in.

I am excited to play with Godot and see what it can do. laugh

Last edited by RealSerious3D; 02/13/18 10:05.