Hello, everyone.

In my game, I got an extremely rare crash. After playing for 15 (if I'm lucky), usually 30+ minutes, the game crashes:

Quote:
Error E1513: Script crash in pushblock@1: pba

I've placed "sys_marker" all over the place there, so we can tell exactly where the game crashes:

Code:
if(soundvol>0 && sndhandle!=0) {
sys_marker("pba"); //HERE IS WHERE IT CRASHED
if(snd_playing(sndhandle)>0) {
   sys_marker("psa");

I know that there's the engine parameter sound_vol, but I'm using soundvol - a variable I've defined - for this purpose.

Since "pba" fired, but "psa" did not, the line in question that crashes is therefore the "snd_playing" one.

Of course, this particular piece of code works almost everytime, with the same sound playing. Here's the sound playing code

Code:
sndhandle = ent_playloop2(whoToPush,snd_moveblock,20*soundvol/100,999999);

(sndhandle gets set to 0 on initialization, which also explains the other part of the if-condition)

The range parameter is very high, granted - and larger than the range given in the manual, but that shouldn't explain random crashes, right? In any case, I've strongly reduced the range.

What could cause this behaviour?

EDIT: Welp, apparently, there's a thread from 2013 about this, spawning a subsequent Bug Report - though I do not use PhysX. With no real fix...

Last edited by Error014; 07/22/17 01:57.

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!