Hi everyone,

I know the statistics panel has all the relevant information regarding memory usage but I need some clarifications on some things.

sys_memory : This is the value that shows what the engine has already allocated correct? This is allocated right at the beginning of the engine. This cannot be changed.

max_nexus : this is dependant on how much ram your target computer has correct? This will be a 32bit limit, correct?

d3d_texfree: this is the amount of texture memory available from your graphics card.

So in order to keep track of memory, I was thinking of making a visual bar, that decreases when memory is taken up. What statistics should I add up to make the upper limit value of this bar? I wanted something visual like a bar to show me how much memory Im consuming, as well as keeping it simple and having just a single bar.

So if Im working on a level, and I plop in a huge terrain that has a big texture, I want to be able to see that bar change due to the terrain using memory. I can figure out the bar.

Is the total consumed memory equal to all the stats in the Memory column added up?