Hi, I have a bit different question which came to my mind when I was reading your topic and I think it's better to add it here, than to create another topic. I hope you don't mind. It's a bit philosophical. Maybe some experienced trader can add his/her thoughts.

I was thinking about trading the other day and I was wondering if it really works like this, when one want to have success with trading. It's hard to say what works, because trading field is fool of misleading information.

I mean does it really work like this, that if you do the right things and "work hard", your success is inevitable?

Actually it would make sense, because in other fields, that's how it works.

But if it really works like this, wouldn't there be more people doing trading? Trading is not that popular, at least not in Europe. But maybe that's because "success" means different thing. It's actually very hard to make some significant amount of money without managing other people's money. And without making money, trading isn't that fun really. If your job is programming, I can imagine that it's more fun to program games or apps then trading codes. Well, it depends I guess.

So I would like to ask, does it really works like this, that if you dedicate your time and work on it, you will find profitable strategies and start making money? Or it's more about luck and some people dedicate their time and even though they are smart, they don't make money?

And the second question is, isn't making money in trading mostly about other people's money? So the plan for success, about Sling2 is asking, should be far more complex then just "make the code"?