Yes, sorry, I meant the old

"Error E2005: Can't create DirectX texture unnamed
D3D_TexCreate: 8007000e - E_OUTOFMEMORY"

message. Got this message again 15min ago after switching resolutions a couple of times.
However, I noticed I can continue playing after closing all of these messages. In fact, depending on the size of the resolution I get 0, 1 (just once) or 8 E_OUTOFMEMORY errors which is the number of newly (re-)allocated render targets.
The error messages appear at the end of the frame (esp. after all bmap_createblack(DEBUG) calls in the log above and after MEMORY NOW).
I had added a GetAvailableTextureMem() call after my previous post. It returned (GetAvailableTextureMem: 4278190080) before the D3D messages.

What can I do or try next?

EDIT: The ninja edit! ->
Originally Posted By: jcl
However, I've meanwhile looked through some developer forums and it seems that E_OUTOFMEMORY can also happen when in fact memory is still available. [...]

After closing all of the E_OUTOFMEMORY errors it seems like I can continue playing normally with my render chain still in tact. The bitmap pointers all have received new and non-zero addresses, too.

Last edited by Superku; 04/24/17 16:35.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends