I don't want to win a license to the professional engine by circumventing missing features in the engine just to make the photo-type look better during demo. I'm interested in the features and future implementations in the engine, not to mention extensive beta testing. Which is pretty much hidden from the average teams.

What I'd like to know is whether or not JCL and his team sold everything related to the products covering the GameStudio software. If this is true the company that did bought it might have released 1 update in 2016 but its not sufficient.

Game companies that really have everything in place, but the suitable engine will see some big features first and get mislead. Because what I have learned using the engine was writing al lot of C++ code and plugins to get things working the way they should.

Lot of people said GameStudio is dead what you see is what you get. Minor update, but for those that have created real games with teams and put money it in are left to fend for themselves. Yeah write another plugin. We're here to make games.

My advice to Contic/OP group/Atari is to do a big firesafe if you're not planning on upgrading the software you put out for purchase, though it isn't ready for releasing games that have been "produced" with the tools applied and engine capabilities.

That said, The engine is cool, yes you can prototype and do all sort of experiments inside it. but it isn't a finished product and has many bugs and problems that have not been solved for some kind of reason.

You should not have people shell out money for product that is not all there.

Continec did this is in the past, changing name is not excuus for doing it again.

Change the pricing or remove the entire thing and start over.