Originally Posted By: Reconnoiter
@Iglarion, your game is a sidescroller right? Have you tried ent_purge big models/textures that the player has passed?
My game has multiple views, and i already use ent_purage on the few places where this is possible.

I haven't yet had a time to play my game a little longer time to check whether the error still occurs, currently i prepare complete game for this beacuse i need almost one+ hour to reach crash and before test i want to go once again through all suspicious parts. First i must see when exactly the e2005 occurs and where. I just found my topic from the year 2013 when i have the same problem but without any error message. It seems that the issue is only reduced after converting textures to DDS, but is still here. The RAM usage for my game is 1280MB in development mode and i try to keep all things as simple as possible - lowpoly models, extern dds textures 512 and 1024 and just five 2048 for terrain colormap and shadowmap.

Error "Can't create DirectX texture unnamed" in my case also happens only after switch resolution.

Error "Can't create DirectX texture skin(number)" appear after i pass trought many of my levels and at begining of new loaded level.

The part that scares me is that Superku not used at all too much video memory, and especially Starlaxis, and the question is how much reducing memory consumption can help in my game. Maybe we also should contact the author of Starlaxis and see if his update actually removed e2005 error from his game and what was the problem. I also afraid there is something wrong with engine and if this is the truth it will be very difficult for us to isolate this error for support.