Hello everyone,

I am an Engineer with background in control theory and computer science.
I have started programing EA few months ago so I am kind of new and I have few questions for experienced developers.

I have developed a strategy by following the different step from http://www.financial-hacker.com/build-better-strategies-part-3-the-development-process/ (by the way this article is so great).

I have now in my hand a strategy that passed all the step described in this article.
By looking at the different trades that the strategy has done, the trades duration vary from 1 week to few weeks (the maximum is 24 weeks). This means that the trade are left open during weekends.

What are the rules for that ? I mean I find a lot of article on internet that warn about keeping the trades open during weekends. It is stated that if there is some bad news, then the price will open with a strong gap and the stop loss limit might suffer from slip.
I don't understand the rationale behind that, I mean the EURUSD currency is stable and it certainly won't fall off from Friday to Monday. What is your advice on it ?
If I need to close the trade during the weekends then the SR of strategy will decrease slightly and it became unprofitable.

Secondly, I am using the WFO analysis like explained in the workshop. Is it something that every strategy should have ?
The market is moving so the strategy need to be adapted somehow but what is the rules ? When do we need to retrain ? During DD or even when the strategy is profitable ?

The rules states is every 35 weeks but I guess it depend that timeframe of your algo...

Last question regards the money management, do you guys are using fixed lot or using a formula for that ?

Thank you by advance !

By the way, I think you guys from Zorro are doing a great work and the manual is perfectly done.
My aim is to also share my strategies !